Welcome to the 3rd Annual RVA Brain Tumor 5K an event to raise awareness and much-needed resources to fund critical brain tumor-specific programs to improve the lives of all those affected by brain tumors. Hosted by the National Brain Tumor Society, the RVA Brain Tumor 5K offers individuals and teams a chance to honor and remember loved ones, connect with others interested in the brain tumor cause, and helps to educate the local community on the diverse needs of the brain tumor community.
Join us on November 7, 2020 and help raise funds and awareness for brain tumor research! Together we will conquer and cure Brain Tumors – once and for all!
Thank you for your past and current support!
National Brain Tumor Society’s top priority is the health of the brain tumor community. Due to the CDC’s recommendations, our 3rd Annual RVA Brain Tumor 5K will be virtual. While we’re disappointed we won’t be able to see everyone in person, NBTS remains committed to rallying the Richmond brain tumor community in an inspiring day of honor, remembrance, hope, and unity for all those who’ve been impacted by this disease and hope you’ll join us online.
We greatly appreciate our community’s understanding and flexibility during this public health crisis. Your support and commitment to helping us achieve our mission and vision are critical to everything we do at NBTS. We would not be able to move forward with our efforts to fight brain tumors without your continued inspiration, dedication, and generosity. We ask and hope that you will remain engaged with NBTS throughout this period.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL EVENT:
- Register as an individual, join or start a team
- Spread the word — let people know you have joined the 2020 Virtual RVA Brain Tumor 5K by sharing your team/ individual page, set up a facebook fundraiser or send emails from your participant center. Also, don’t forget to check out our 2020 Fundraising Incentives for Individuals and Teams (see link above)
- Do your own version of the RVA Brain Tumor 5K (take a walk, run a 5K, host a bbq) and document your efforts and share them by using the hashtag, #RVABrainTumor5K. Also, we’ve provided a downloadable In Honor of Bib you can print out and wear.
- Log in and engage with our community on November 7th at 10am! We will go live from the Southeast Brain Tumor Community Facebook Page.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE VIRTUAL EVENT:
10am: Program Start (schedule of speakers below:)
Length: ~ 45 mins
- Welcome from our 2020 Co-Chairs
- Hear from CEO, David Arons
- Hear from the VCU team, 2020 Legacy Sponsor
- Meet your local NBTS staff
- Hear from some of our RVA Brain Tumor 5K teams as they share their stories
- Presentation of the 2020 Loving Family Spirit Award
- Celebrate our Survivors during a special survivor tribute
- Meet and learn about current research updates from NBTS CSO, Kirk Tanner
- Kick off our virtual walk with certified trainer Jordan Rowe
- 2020 Virtual Mission Mile
- Ceremony will close with the 2020 Remembrance Ceremony for those who wish to attend
If you have questions or need assistance registering, contact your NBTS Staff:
Theresa Milanese | Associate Director of Regional Development, East
firstname.lastname@example.org | 484-947-1964
Thank you to our $5K Sponsors!