ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS YEAR’S EVENT. YOU CAN STILL REGISTER AT PACKET PICK UP OR ON SITE AFTER 10AM ON SATURDAY!
WE CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU SOON! DETAILS FOR SATURDAY AND PACKET PICK UP, BELOW!
Welcome to the 2nd Annual RVA Brain Tumor 5K Race and Family Fun Walk in Scott’s Addition – Richmond, VA! We thank you for supporting the National Brain Tumor Society’s efforts to find a cure for brain tumors, and improve the quality of life and treatment options for those living with a Brain Tumor.
Timeline for Day of:
- 8:00am – Shuttle starts at Flying Squirrels (Green Lot)
- 10:00am – Registration opens
- 10:00am-12:00pm – Ongoing team photos
- 10:45am – Remembrance Ceremony
- 11:15am – Opening Program
- 11:30am – Team Captain Tribute
- 11:40am – Survivor Photo
- 11:55am – National Anthem performed by Jessica Coaker
- 12:00pm – Race start
- 1:00pm-1:30pm – Closing ceremony (runner awards & top fundraising awards)
- 4:00pm – Last shuttle to the Flying Squirrels (Green Lot)
Incentives: deadlines are quickly approaching. Don’t miss out on both team and individual incentives:
- All Registered Walkers, Runners and Volunteers will receive an event t-shirt!
- Raise $500 by the time online registration closes (Thursday October 31st at NOON), receive an official NBTS Long Sleeve T-Shirt.
- Raise $1000 by the time online registration closes (Thursday October 31st at NOON), receive an official NBTS Hooded Sweatshirt.
- Raise $2,500 as an individual OR lead your team to $2,500+ as a Team Captain and receive a Signature NBTS Rainer Jacket (once you qualify, your size will be confirmed by NBTS staff. Jackets will be mailed to your directly)
- Raise $1,000 as a team by Wednesday October 23rd at 9am, and receive a Mission Mile Sign with your loved ones name and photo.
- TOP 5 Fundraising as of Friday November 1st at 9am will be awarded with a Team Tent on event day! (table and chairs provided)
Registration Fees and Online Registration: Online registration will close Thursday October 31st at 12 Noon. Please note, once online registration closes, fees will increase to the following: (registration will be available at packet pick up and on site on Saturday 11/2)
- Adult Walkers @ $35
- Adult Runners @ $50
- Youth Walkers @ No Fee
- Youth Runners @ $10
- Fan Club Member @ $35
There will be one reserved spot for each team at the event site. You will need to enter from the Moore Street entrance.
We are also offering a self-park lot with shuttle transportation from 8:00am to 4:00pm to and from the event site. The self-park lot is the Green Lot located at the Richmond Flying Squirrels (entrance off Hermitage Road and Robin Hood Road).
Remembrance Ceremony: This year, a Remembrance Ceremony will take place separate of the main stage (in the far back corner of the lot on the Moore St. side), promptly at 10:45am. If you would like to submit a name to be read aloud, please submit one online HERE. The deadline to submit a name to have included on printed materials in Sunday October 27th at midnight.
Team Pick Up / Packet Pick Up: All registered participants are invited to pick up their t-shirts and/or race bibs in advance of Saturday the 2nd on Friday November 1st from 3pm- 9pm at River City Roll (939 Myers St, Richmond, VA 23230). Please note, you will also be able to pick up your race bib, t- shirt and fundraising incentives on Saturday!
- If you are a team captain, planning to pick up for your entire team either at Packet Pick Up or on event day, please email Ashley Brennan in advance of Friday November 1st, and we will have your items ready for you upon arrival. If you pick up on event day, please redeem your items from the ‘Team Pick Up’ side of the registration tent.
Team Photos: Team Photo sign ups with our on-site photographer are available in 3 minute intervals throughout the morning (10am-11:50am). Please note, slots are limited and are available on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to reserve a photo time with your team, please sign up, HERE. If you miss the opportunity to reserve a spot, please note we will have multiple event photographers floating during the entirety of event morning.
Thank you to our 2019 Sponsors:
Sponsorship Opportunities are currently available at all levels for this year’s event. Information can be found HERE, or reach out to Ashley Brennan at email@example.com.
A HUGE thank you to those businesses who supported our inaugural event in 2018. We look forward to partnering with you again in 2019!
Questions, comments or need assistance registering? Call or email:
Ashley Brennan | Senior Director of Regional Development, East
firstname.lastname@example.org | 856 278 3171