Watch a video
For full-screen viewing (recommended) click the “Go Full Screen” button in the video below:
Download text instructions
- How to create a team (PDF)
View text instructions
- Once you’ve registered for your event you can create and manage a team via your Participant Center, which can be accessed at a specific and unique web address. To have your Participant Center web address emailed to you, click the “Manage My Personal Page” button in the top-right corner of the event website.
- Enter the email address you registered with and click “Submit”. You’ll receive an email with a link to your Participant Center, where you can edit your profile; join, create, or manage your team; view donations; and access a list of tools for promoting the event and increasing your donations.
- Follow the link that was emailed to you, then click the “TEAMS” tab in your Participant Center.
- Scroll down if necessary, enter a team name in the “Team Name” field, and click “Create Team”.
- That’s it…your team’s been created!
- The TEAMS tab will now display your team’s information, including a list of team members and how much each has raised, along with a fundraising total for the team. Once your team’s fundraising gets underway this will be a great place to check before emailing your team with updates and encouragement.
- You can click “EDIT TEAM” to change your team name, transfer captain responsibilities to another team member, or choose whether to allow anyone to join your team or allow membership by invitation only. By default, anyone is allowed to join your team and as team captain, you’ll receive an email notification any time you have a new team member.
- You can disband your team if needed by clicking the “DISBAND TEAM” button that appears at the top of this page. This will disconnect all of the team members from your team and the team will no longer exist.
- You can also remove a single team member by clicking the red “x” button next to his or her name and email address.
- The “TEAMS” tab provides you with a “Team Invitations” link you can copy and paste into an email to prospective teammates or share via Facebook, Twitter, and your other social networks.
- There’s also a SEND INVITE button that will start an email for you in your computer’s default email application.