The National Brain Tumor Society’s top priority is the health and safety of the brain tumor community. It is because of this that our Annual Denver Brain Tumor Walk will be virtual. We remain committed to rallying the Colorado brain tumor community in an inspiring day of honor, remembrance, hope, and unity for all those who’ve been impacted by this disease and hope you’ll join us online.
Virtual Walk Information
Join us on Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM, on our Colorado Brain Tumor Community Facebook Page.
Registration fees include a personal fundraising page and an NBTS event t-shirt. Shirts will be mailed to participants, following the walk.
Adult Virtual Participant Registration $25
Youth Virtual Participant Registration $5
How to participate:
- Register as if we were meeting in person on June 6th.
- Share the opportunity with all of your friends and family. Invite them to join you for this year’s event.
- Walk in your neighborhood or favorite trail (as appropriate), walk inside on your treadmill or lap the living room! Start no and walk anytime leading up to event morning. Then share your experience with us.
- Print the bib below, decorate it along with other creative ideas like designing t-shirts, make signs, decorate your living room, and dress up your furry friends.
- Post on social media using the hashtag #DenverBTW2020.
On June 6, we will gather at 10:00 AM (MT) on Facebook Live and share research updates, welcome special guests, introduce you to our generous sponsors, and celebrate our Colorado Brain Tumor Community.
- Opening Remarks/Emcees – Jenny D & Jay Cruz, KOSI 101.1 Morning Show
- Welcome – Jordan Kelley, 8 Shades of Grey & Denver BTW Walk Chair
- Thank You – Tasha Duncan, Director of Regional Development, Southwest
- NBTS Mission Update – David Arons, NBTS CEO
- Research Update – Kirk Tanner, PhD, NBTS Chief Scientific Officer
- Platinum Sponsor – Dr. Michael Pearlman, Swedish Health One Neurosciences
- Advocacy Update – Jim Graul, Colorado State Advocate
- Survivor Speaker – Mandy Montgomery, Planning Committee Member
- Survivor Montage/Shout Out – Tyler Bain & Bree Quintieri, #NoPainNoBain
- Top Fundraising Team Recognition – Kelly Whitcomb, No One Fights Alone
- Sharing Hope Visionary Award – Lisa Gagliardi & Jeremy Bangs, Bang Bang Gang
- Closing Remarks – Jordan Kelley, 8 Shades of Grey & Denver BTW Chair
- Remembrance Ceremony & Montage – Donna Galecki, Team Jenette
No matter what, we will continue to deliver our very best to our community. You are the heart and soul of NBTS. The bottom line is, while we may have to make some adjustments to our plans, we can not, and will not, let the coronavirus stop us from pursuing our vision of conquering and curing brain tumors — once and for all.
For more information about the walk, fundraising, and the NBTS mission, please reach out to:
Jenifer Prentiss | Senior Director of Regional Development, West
firstname.lastname@example.org | 707 583 3030