Central New Jersey, I am in awe of you. This incredible community has shown the world what we are made of. You came, you saw, you inspired, and you hopefully left the Central New Jersey Brain Tumor Walk on Saturday with your heart full of pride as to what you accomplished. This amazing community was comprised of 87 teams, 1500 participants and as a collective you raised over $232,000 that will go toward the crucial life-saving mission of the National Brain Tumor Society.
I am truly at a loss for words, and if you have met me in person, you will know that never happens. I speak on behalf of the National Brain Tumor Society when i say how proud i am of each and every person who attended this event. In addition to raising much needed funds we raised awareness and trust me when i say, we made and indelible impression on any Asbury Park passer-by who saw our massive turn out.
- Brain Tumors are the leading cause of cancer-related death in children and adolescents 19 and under.
- There are approximately 140 different types of brain tumors
- Only 5 DRUGS and 1 DEVICE exist to treat these different tumor types
- Malignant brain tumors can also be considered equal parts cancer and NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE.
- An estimated 87,000 PEOPLE will be diagnosed in the US with a brain tumor this year.
- Brain Tumor research is the MOST UNDERFUNDED cancer today.
All funds raised through our events allow the National Brain Tumor Society to advance research and public policy to improve the availability of new and better treatments, and fuel the discovery of a cure for brain tumors.
Suzanne Isbell | Associate Director of Development, Mid-Atlantic
email@example.com – 848-218-2493