We are honored and delighted to be celebrating the 11th Annual Boston Brain Tumor Walk on October 18, 2020. Over the last 10 years the Boston Brain Tumor Walk has raised over $5 Million towards brain tumor research. All proceeds raised allow National Brain Tumor Society to advance research and public policy, we aim to improve the availability of new and better treatments and fuel the discovery of a cure for brain tumors. This event offers individuals and teams a chance to honor and remember loved ones and connect with others in the brain tumor community.
Thank you for your past and current support!
National Brain Tumor Society’s top priority is the health of the brain tumor community. Due to the CDC’s recommendations, our 11th Annual Boston Brain Tumor Walk will be virtual. While we’re disappointed we won’t be able to see everyone in person, NBTS remains committed to rallying the New England brain tumor community in an inspiring day of honor, remembrance, hope, and unity for all those who’ve been impacted by this disease and hope you’ll join us online.
We greatly appreciate our community’s understanding and flexibility during this public health crisis. Your support and commitment to helping us achieve our mission and vision are critical to everything we do at NBTS. We would not be able to move forward with our efforts to fight brain tumors without your continued inspiration, dedication, and generosity. We ask and hope that you will remain engaged with NBTS throughout this period.
How to Participate:
Anytime between now and October 18th
- Design t-shirts, create signs, decorate your living room or dress up your furry friends
- Plan a walk outside and do the 5K you had planned on doing for NBTS
- Don’t feel like walking? Take a moment to dedicate part of your day to NBTS
- Post on Social Media using the hashtag #BBTW2020 or #WhyWeWalk
- Use one of the downloadable bibs you can print out and pin on.
On October 18th, we will gather at 12:00 noon on Facebook Live and welcome special guests, introduce you to our generous sponsors, and celebrate our New England Brain Tumor Community.
- Welcome and Introductions – Deepak Bhere, Boston Brain Tumor Walk Co-chair
- Frontline Update – Local Doctors and Researchers
- Advocacy – Mayor Marty Walsh and your local New England Advocates
- Survivors Stories – Erica Robinson, Team Three Fine Limes, Moderator
- Steven Adams Jr., Team Sexy Steve Strong
- Lindsey Harder Robillard, Team HarderBetterFasterStronger
- Brett Johnson, Team Oligo
- Message from the Board
- Community Events and Gray Nation Endurance – Tori Best & Katie Falcone
- Corporate Sponsors & Team Thank yous – Jessica Giunta, Boston Brain Tumor Walk Co-chair
- Closing- David Arons, CEO, National Brain Tumor Society
- Remembrance Ceremony – Christine Suau, Team #WhyNotDevin
Please note all event t-shirts and fundraising incentives will be sent to your homes post event.
Questions? Contact Rachel Schultz, Director of Regional Development, New England
email@example.com | 617-393-2832