Boston Brain Tumor Ride Kickoff Reception
Please join the National Brain Tumor Society, the Boston Brain Tumor Ride Committee, riders, volunteers and supporters for a fun evening. Enjoy the art, partake of the food and drink, and get ready for some exciting raffle items. Let’s share our friendship all for a great cause.
Why: To celebrate the event and to learn more about it
Charge per person: Are you kidding? This is to honor you and our ride!
- Art provided by the artists of the Gorse Mill Studios
- Wine provided by Steve Rubin and Huntington Wines and Liquors
- Food provided by David Becker and Sweet Basil
- Sweets provided by Steve Gentzler and The Cheesecake Factory, Chestnut Hill
Farina’s Bicycle Center and Team Kermit is hosting the 3rd Annual Bicycle Maintenance and Repair Clinic.
This FREE clinic will teach you everything you need to know to keep your bicycle running smoothly and get you back on the bike in case of an on-road mechanical. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from Master Bicycle Mechanic Michael Farina.
Farina’s Bicycle Center, 61 Galen Street, Watertown, MA 02472 Wednesday, April 3, 6-8pm
PLEASE NOTE: Our clinic will be divided into two, 1 hour segments.
Segment #1: Basic Maintenance and Roadside Repair for Beginners
- Basic troubleshooting
- Wheel removal/Installation
- Tire/Tube changing
- Simple drivetrain and brake adjustment
- Drivetrain Maintenance, cleaning & lubrication
- Proper gear shifting technique
- Necessary tools to carry
Segment #2: Advanced Maintenance
- Derailleur adjustment (manual and electronic)
- Brake pad inspection/replacement and brake adjustment (rim and disc)
- Explanation of cable and housing maintenance and replacement.
- Frame inspection
- Chain/cassette replacement
- Proper bicycle fitting and ergonomics; theory and practice
Advanced registration for each segment is necessary. A minimum of 8 participants are required to hold each segment. RSVP with your name, phone number and the segments that you would like to attend to Steven Branfman, Co-Chair; email@example.com
Join us for this special event exclusively for the Boston Brain Tumor Ride community and friends. We’ll have NBTS give-a-way swag, raffle items, exclusive discounts and offers by Farina’s and online registration for our ride. Oh yeah…refreshments too!
Stay Tuned to learn more about other Boston Brain Tumor Ride pre-events and training rides!
Want to plan your own Pre-Ride event? Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org