Date: Saturday, May 2, 2015
Location: Hellman Hollow, 50 Overlook Drive, San Francisco, CA 94122
Registration: 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Program & Activities: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Length of Event: 5K Walk (approx. 3miles)
9:30 – Committee Chairperson, Pamela Hamrick will open up the program with some personal sentiments about the event.
9:45 – National Brain Tumor Society Staff will share information about what the organization is currently working on.
10:00 – Our emcee for the day’s festivities, Helo Matzelle, author, mother and brain tumor survivor, will share her story.
10:15 – Survivor Photo in front of the stage. All survivors at the event are encouraged to be in the photo.
10:30 – Taiko Drummers will send off the walkers!
11:30 – the final walkers should be arriving – we’ll settle back into our areas and we’ll hear from Dr. Anders Persson…
11:40 – Joining us will be research guest speaker and Oligo Research Grant recipient, Dr. Anders Persson, of the Persson Lab at the University of California – San Francisco.
11:50 – Committee Chairperson, Pamela Hamrick & the 2015 Planning Committee Members will close out our program by announcing our final fundraising numbers and will distribute fundraising prizes.
Top team and top individual fundraisers will be acknowledged during the closing ceremony.
Rain or shine the event will go on!
Regardless of weather, layered clothing, windbreakers, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended.
The Bay Area Brain Tumor Walk will follow this route:
1. Start at Hellman Hollow
2. Head WEST on paved pathway toward polo field
3. Cross parking lot to regain path on west side of lot
4. Turn right at 41st Ave, (Chain of Lakes) remaining on east side of the street
5. At JFK Drive, turn right on the SOUTH side of JFK
6. Pass Buffalo paddock
7. Pass Spreckles Lake
8. Pass 30th St.
9. Pass Lloyds Lake
10. Right at Transverse Drive
11. Head WEST on south sidewalk of JFK Drive to paved path
12. Turn left down paved path that enters Hellman Hollow
13. Finish at Hellman Hollow
Challenges & Prizes
- NEW Early Registration Prize – Register and Raise $100 by Feb. 3 to earn our exclusive bracelet.
- Custom T-Shirts for your Team – When your fundraising team raises $500 before Feb. 13 you earn a chance to win.
- Earn a $50 Visa Gift Card
- Don’t forget about the $1K Club Challenge – raise $1,000 by April 30 to be entered to win a mini tablet
- NEW Individual Fundraising Prizes to be earned too!
Visit our Challenges and Fundraising Prizes page for more details.
Thank you for your support & Good Luck!
Directions & Parking
Public parking is limited at the site. Parking is allowed in Golden Gate Park on both sides of John F. Kennedy Drive near Hellman Hollow (Speedway Meadow), on a first-come, first-served basis.
We will have a shuttle running between 9 AM and 1 PM. NOTICE – THE UPDATED SHUTTLE STOP DETAILS WILL BE UPDATED ASAP.
There will be a designated drop off/loading area on John F Kennedy Drive near Hellman Hollow (Speedway Meadow). Look for “Drop Off” signs and orange parking cones near the entrance to the event site with the paved path.
Interested in volunteering for this event? Learn more about volunteer opportunities
Is there a registration fee?
National Brain Tumor Society
55 Chapel Street, Suite 200
Newton, MA 02458
All registered participants, volunteers, and survivors receive a t-shirt.