Welcome to the Charleston Brain Tumor Walk, an event to raise awareness and much-needed resources to fund critical brain tumor-specific programs to improve the lives of all those affected by brain tumors.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. YOU MAY REGISTER IN PERSON ON SITE SATURDAY MORNING AT PALMETTO ISLANDS COUNTY PARK FROM 8:00 to 9:00AM.
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018
Location: Palmetto Islands County Park, 444 Needlerush Parkway, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
|8:00 AM||Registration Begins|
|9:30 AM||Walk Begins|
|10:45 AM||Post-event announcements and awards|
|11:00 AM||MUSC BBQ Fundraiser ($10/plate)|
- Parking is limited so please carpool!
- We will cover the cost of your entrance to the park.
- Bring bug spray!
- VOLUNTEER: please help us make this event possible by volunteering to support our survivors and walkers. CLICK HERE.
- COURSE: this course is a bit different, like a figure 8, with the start and finish in the very middle. You will go out and back one way, pass through the finish line and then go out and back the other way. It is 3 miles. You may walk or run, whichever you like. Please be considerate of those around you. Water stops are at the turnaround point of each loop of the 8.
- BBQ LUNCH: after the walk, we’ll have a bbq fundraiser to benefit the MUSC brain tumor program. Please bring $10 cash per person for your plate and drink. We will have a card reader available as well, just in case!
All funds raised through our events allow the National Brain Tumor Society to advance research and public policy to improve the availability of new and better treatments, and fuel the discovery of a cure for brain tumors.
Katie-Rose (Tuttle) Crater
Southeast Director of Development | Director of Hospital and Patient Relations
email@example.com | 919 323 1922