Welcome to the 4th Annual Central New Jersey Brain Tumor Walk, an event to raise awareness and much-needed resources to fund critical programs to improve the lives of all those affected by brain tumors. Hosted by the National Brain Tumor Society, the Central NJ Brain Tumor Walk offers individuals and teams a chance to honor and remember loved ones, connect with others interested in the brain tumor cause, and helps to educate the local population on the diverse needs of the brain tumor community.
I know I am still riding high, after the NJ brain tumor community raised over $217,000 toward research in 2018, and i am sure we can make the 2019 season our best yet! We cannot wait to see what you accomplish in year four!
- Brain Tumors are the NUMBER ONE CANCER KILLER OF KIDS
- There are 140 different types of brain tumors
- Only 4 DRUGS and 1 DEVICE exist to treat these 140 different types
- Malignant Brain Tumor is the only cancer that also is a NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE.
- An estimated 79,000 PEOPLE will be diagnosed in the US with a brain tumor this year.
- Brain Tumor research is the MOST UNDERFUNDED cancer today.
All funds raised through our events allow the National Brain Tumor Society to advance research and public policy to improve the availability of new and better treatments, and fuel the discovery of a cure for brain tumors.
Location: Bradley Park, Asbury Park NJ (In front of the Convention Center)
Registration: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Remembrance Ceremony: 9:00 AM
Walk Start Time: 10:00 AM
Suzanne Isbell | Associate Director of Development, Mid-Atlantic
email@example.com – 848-218-2493